- Take a walk with the dog. Walking is a great way to get some fresh air, exercise, and relax your mind. It’s a great way to bond and enjoy the beauty of nature. Walking helps reduce stress, improves your mood, and boosts your immune system. Plus, your dog will appreciate the attention and the opportunity to stretch their legs.
- Take a coffee break. Sometimes, all you need is a cup of coffee to perk you up and give you some energy. You can enjoy your coffee alone, or with a friend or a family member. Spice up your drink and make it more festive!
- Get your workouts in early in the day. You don’t have to skip your workouts during the holiday. You can get them done early in the morning, before the rest of the family wakes up. This way, you can have some time for yourself, and also avoid any interruptions or distractions. Working out in the morning can also help you burn more calories, improve your metabolism, and enhance your mood.
- Take a book break. Reading is a wonderful way to immerse yourself in a different world. Reading improves your brain function, increases your vocabulary, and reduces your stress levels. I like biographies, self-development and health books.
- Get the work done early before others are up. If you have some work to do during the holiday, finish it early in the morning, before the rest of the family gets up. This way, you can avoid any distractions or interruptions, and also have more time to spend with your loved ones later. Set a specific time limit for your work and stick to it. Use some time blocking to help you organize your tasks and manage your time.
- Do as much as possible in advance. One of the best ways to save time and reduce stress during the holiday is to do as much as possible in advance. Plan your menu, shop for groceries, cook some do ahead dishes and set the table. Doing these things in advance can help you avoid the last-minute rush and enjoy the holiday more.
5 Pillars to Optimal Wellness
Optimize your physical & emotional health with bite-sized habits to better eating, exercise, cleansing and sleep with this free download, “5 Pillars to Optimal Wellness“.
- Easy, delicious ways to adopt a plant-based diet and develop healthy attitudes towards food.
- My easy, uplifting ways to stay in shape, at home equipment recommendations, and scheduling tips to help you stay consistent.
- The supplements I’ve researched and have been using for years.
- Simple sleep hacks.
- And easy to implement fasting and cleansing techniques that easily work into your daily and weekly routines.
Grab the 5 Pillars to Optimal Wellness now and be ready when the New Year rolls around!
For more on wellness design and easy home makeovers, check out my post “Give Your Home a Wellness Makeover in One Weekend” plus, the link to my interview with award winning anchor Deirdre Fitzpatrick!